Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Career path: Qualification or Passion?...

...that is the question...

I am currently stuck at this crossroad. Do i want to proceed with what ive been doing for the past 1 year ++ or do i want to do something new, that i have no qualifications whatsoever in the particular field.

I have actually made up my mind a month ago. I have decided to switch my career path, to be involved in events management. I thought that my future in IT can't go very far, as i am not very updated in IT knowledge. The pay will be quite low (than what im getting right now) and it is a contract work, but i the experience will be much more priceless.

But everything changed since last week. I went for a job interview. Similar to what i am currently doing, but far more interesting. New office, new environment, new company in malaysia actually. So i'll get to help out with the setup of the office etc, and the possibility of me blooming beautifully in the company is quite bright. And the pay will be good too.... i hope... and maybe i'll get to go to Australia someday. Heheheh.

AND today, they told me they want to hire me. GREAT, i thought. Another session of mind boggling, brain squeezing, brain storming bla bla bla. I hate using my brain. It's kinda rusty actually.

I know. I am fickle minded. I dont know what i want in life. I do know one thing, I want to be in Texas. Why, you may ask. But that is something that the people who are close to me may know. Ask them. Heheh.

So, should i go for the contract basis, low pay but will get a lot of experience in something that i am not qualified in job, or the high pay, high experience (in a different field), and bloom?

What's my future like? Again, it's blank. for now.

p/s: Can i just be a superstar and live like a rockstar? Is there anyone out there can help me out on this? Thanks!

2 comments:

i hate stupid smart aleck said...

how u wish that new office of urs is a Texas-based co kan?

aliffazli said...

hik hik! but of course! hik hik!