Thursday, December 10, 2009

A wise man once told me...

" If you and your partner are arguing in the car on the way to your parents' house, as soon as you reach there, put up a straight face and act as per normal. Do NOT show anyone that you are actually in a middle of an argument. Once you are back into the car, you can continue the argument to resolve the issues between the two of you... "

I have always kept that in mind since I had a brief chat with one particular wise couple...

I am now preparing myself to be a husband also a leader of a family.

Being a husband, there is a BIG responsibility not only to myself but also to my spouse and later on, to my children.

I take my dad as an example for me to follow once I start my own family.

NO ONE are perfect in this world. Not ME, not my mom, not my siblings but somehow my dad managed to handle everything smoothly. Never once I hear them have any serious argument for the past 27 years living with them.

But slowly as I grow older and mature, I have been told that there seemed to be quite a few incidents that had happened before which were not transparent to us kids and they managed to resolve the issue between the two of them without any involvement from any other parties.

I guess as they grow old together, they came to a point where they can really tolerate each other and understand each other without the need to say or mention in words.

I believe that should be the way in any relationship. A couple should be transparent to each other and not to the rest of the world. Whatever that happens between a couple, should remain between the couple.

It is okay to share with your close friends, but NOT to the whole wide world even through the world wide web.

It is okay to share so that we could let off some steam, but there is not a need to broadcast it on Twitter, MySpace, Friendster, Facebook...

This is purely because everyone have their own set of mind. Different people, different way of thinking.

A simple sentence can be interpreted differently by different people.

A simple sentence can make different people have different perspective of an object that is being talked about.

A simple sentence can make different people discriminate an object without knowing the real facts.

True enough, words are like bees; they have honey and they have sting...

To conclude,

NEVER get a third party involvement as it would make things even worse.

BE TRANSPARENT only to certain people that you trust and love.

NEVER let the whole wide world know about any issues between a couple.

ALWAYS THINK thoroughly of the CONSEQUENCES of each and every act you do or words that you say.

and last but not least;

ALWAYS MAKE SURE to protect the DIGNITY of others...


Thank you Mr and Mrs wise man...

3 comments:

Kay FB said...

being an emotional woman at times, i could and am able to get carried away and since it is a trend and very tempting to update everything and anything on fb, the medium is indeed dangerous, very dangerous.

just a reminder to me and everyone else that all private things HAVE TO AND MUST be made known ONLY between the two of u and perhaps a close friend.

a very good entry here, darl.

i might blog about it one day :)

mrs Fahmi said...

totally in agreement with you alip!!how are you anyways...dah prepare for the big day?...;-)....rindu la kat u ols...

ddfirdaus said...

gud luck to u my dear fren..Yes, your parents are the best role model...sangat setuju...