Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Intel MSC Annual Dinner 2007

As most of you have already know, Intel is shutting down the Cyberjaya site, which is where i am currently working. The annual dinner was scheduled on Nov 30, but was brought forward to Nov 14 because of something that can't be avoided. And so, everyone was rushing, had about 2-3 weeks to prepare. One of the organizers came to me and told me that everyone requested me to be the co-host for the event. I was kinda shocked. I've never done any hosting or emceeing before. After a few minutes of thinking (didn't take me that long... heheh), i said OK.

The dinner was held at this place called Putrajaya Lake Club in Putrajaya of course. By the Putrajaya lake. We had a very nice view of the Putra Mosque. Overall, it's a very nice venue. The theme was Pirates. So everyone actually took the effort to go and rent the costumes for the night. I wore something that i had in my closet, a white shirt that i got from my bangkok trip, a very loose pants that was designed and tailored by my personal designer (eusopth - silent e, t and h), black cloth as the belt and the head scarf, Quiksilver thongs bought in bali and a medieval sword that i bought for RM20 at Toys'r'us. Oh yeah, and a diamond earring that i have for my wedding accessories collection.

So on the evening before the event, we were allowed to go canoeing (i hope i spelled that right) around the lake. I can't as i had to do the rehearsals and etc. Watched them from far for a bit though.

The event started at about 7ish++, and it was raining. Most of us were wet as the place was only covered by canopy. But it suits the theme! The event started off with a short sketch, two pirates fighting on stage, and suddenly i come out as the Pirate CD/VCD/DVD seller. I didn't think people would actually laugh, but they did. So i guess i am a funny man after all. HAHA! After that, i went in and had a quick costume change and went out to join the rest for the buffet dinner.

The event went well. I handled the Coming of Age celebration (birthday) and sang Unforgettable and the birthday song for that session :D. then i handled the sexiest male and female and also the notorious male and female. They were based on votes that were collected earlier. I also handled one of the lucky draw sessions. And thats it... the rest were handled by the other two.

Coming of Age Celebration... Copyright Alif Sexy Male... Copyright AlifSexy Female... Copyright AlifNotorious Male... Copyright Alif Lucky Draw Winner... Copyright Alif

Not much performance, but we had open mic sessions where everyone are free to talk whatever they want. Most of them did thank you speeches, as this is afterall the final annual dinner of the office... it's really sad. really really sad to know that they are shutting down the office. but everyone managed to put on a high spirit and enjoyed themselves during the dinner.

I've been in this office for 1 year and 6 months. I have met new people. Experienced new things. Learned a lot on everything, about work, about life... These people in the office are my family. They made me see things that i couldn't. *sigh*

Copyright Alif
Copyright Alif
Copyright Alif
Copyright Alif
i have a month more in the office... but memories shall remain forever...

No comments: